There are so many fantastic holiday deals when it comes to Mexico. So much so that it’s a become a family favourite for some sun lovers / cheese and nacho addicts. Mexico is can be the perfect answer to a tight budget and there are plenty of free things to keep you and the rest of the clan occupied whilst you’re out there!
Cancun is the most popular Mexican resort, set nicely along the Caribbean coast where sands are white and waters are blue. But there are also other great places to stay including Acapulco, Cozumel, Chichen Itza and Riviera Maya. Here are some free and cheap things you could get up to whilst you holidaying in these parts…
For cheap holidays to Mexico, take a look at the following:
Free / Cheap Things to Do in Cancun
- Hit the beach – nothing comes cheaper than a day on the beach. Soak up the sun, play in the sea and relax on the Caribbean coast.
- Xel-Ha Aquatic Park – pay one entrance fee and you get access to snorkelling, cave exploring, cliff diving and more.
- Hiking and walking tours – if you want a day out and about away from the water, Cancun is a great place to hike. This is a good way of keeping the whole family active too!
Free / Cheap Things to Do in Acapulco
- La Quebrada – this is a great place for diving. But it’s worth a visit just for the scenic walk. This is a fantastic place to watch the sunset too!
- Punta Diamante – take a look at the famous C shaped bay in the original Acapulco.
- Cici Acapulco Magico – this is great water park for children and there’s an opportunity to swim with dolphins!
Free / Cheap Things to Do in Riviera Maya
- Yal Ku Lagoon – somewhere to get away from the tourists! This stunning lagoon is an exotic hub of sealife and a wonderful place to relax or explore. Pack a few snacks and cold drinks and you can spend a whole day here.
- Merida – fill up a whole day with this colonial city where you can admire old buildings, striking churches and museums. There’s also a market every Sunday so you can grab a few local bargains too.
Hope you have a fantastic trip to Mexico! If you’re still on the search for a holiday deal, be sure to check out Holidayhypermarket online.